Hobbyzone Sport Cub S 2 RTF with SAFE Mode 2
The HobbyZone Sport Cub S 2 is based on one of the all-time most popular trainer aircraft ever designed for learning to fly radio controlled (RC) airplanes—the legendary Sport Cub S. It’s ultra-micro size makes it the ideal choice for a smaller trainer model that can be flown in yards, parks, soccer fields, football fields and other suitable spaces where larger models can’t typically be flown successfully by first-time pilots. Exclusive SAFE (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology helps to prevent overcontrol, loss of orientation and crashes so nearly everyone can learn to fly successfully. Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced modes allow you to choose the level of stability and control you need, or are ready to try, at the flip of a switch.
- Updated version of one of the best-selling and most popular trainer models available for learning to fly radio controlled (RC) airplanes – the Sport Cub S
- 100% complete and ready to fly right out of the box – there’s nothing extra to buy, provide or assemble
- Equipped with exclusive SAFE technology that helps prevent crashes and makes it easy to learn how to fly
- Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced flight modes you can easily change between at the flip of a switch
- Panic Recovery mode activates at the push of a button to prevent loss of control and crashes
- Ultra-micro size to fly in small parks, at sports fields or even indoors over a basketball court
- Provides telemetry data to the controller/transmitter indicating flight battery voltage
- Spektrum controller/transmitter with industry-leading DSMX 2.4GHz technology
- Full 4-channel control for everything from training to aerobatic flight capability
- Capable of aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls and upside down (inverted) flight
- LiPo battery and USB charger for long flight times and convenient recharging
- Powerful electric motor for easy operation and excellent performance
- Lightweight yet durable construction perfect for first-time pilots
- No FAA registration required (under the 250 gram weight limit)
- Full line of replacement/spare parts plus accessories available
- Optional float set (sold separately) for flying from water
- Practice flying this aircraft in the RealFlight simulator
Welcome to the exciting world of RC (Radio Controlled) flight! If you’ve ever dreamed of taking to the skies, Horizon Hobby has you covered. We are committed to engineering aircraft that you can learn to fly with successfully even if you’ve never flown RC before. Every HobbyZone aircraft we offer features industry-leading design and technology developed by experts to keep you in control and learning at your own pace so you can turn your dreams of flight into a reality!
The HobbyZone Sport Cub S 2 makes learning to fly RC airplanes in more places and smaller spaces easier than ever! Based on one of the most popular trainer aircraft ever designed for learning to fly radio controlled (RC) airplanes—the legendary Sport Cub S —it’s ultra-micro size makes it the ideal choice for a smaller trainer model that can be flown in large yards, small parks, soccer fields, football fields and other suitable spaces where larger models can’t typically be flown successfully by first-time pilots. Install the optional float set (EFLUA1190, sold separately) and you can add large pools and small ponds to the list of places you can fly! Exclusive SAFE (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology helps to prevent overcontrol, loss of orientation and crashes so nearly everyone can learn to fly successfully. Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced modes allow you to choose the level of stability and control you need, or are ready to try, at the flip of a switch. Plus you can instantly return to stable flight using Panic Recovery in any flight mode. This makes the Sport Cub S 2 a natural evolution of the trainer many pilots learned to fly with because it includes all of the same great features, while also adding new telemetry capabilities that send flight battery voltage to the transmitter to make the pilot better aware of approximately how much “power” remains.
And the fun doesn’t stop after you learn how to fly! It’s lightweight yet durable airframe is equipped with a powerful electric motor that delivers long flight times and provides plenty of speed and power to perform aerobatic manoeuvres including loops, rolls and even inverted (upside down) flight. That means the Sport Cub S 2 is a model even experienced pilots will appreciate and enjoy flying – and can also use to teach others to fly. The Bind-N-Fly Basic version is the perfect choice for those pilots because it allows them to use their favourite Spektrum transmitter along with batteries and chargers they may already own. And the Ready-To-Fly version is perfect for first-time pilots because it includes a Spektrum controller/transmitter equipped with industry-leading DSMX 2.4GHz technology, AA batteries for the transmitter, plus a rechargeable LiPo flight battery and USB charger. That means there’s nothing extra to buy or provide! Best of all both versions arrive 100% factory-assembled and ready to go right out of the box – no assembly required!
(1) HobbyZone Sport Cub S 2
(1) Electric Motor (installed)
(2) Linear Servos (installed)
(1) Spektrum™ Receiver, ESC and (2) Servo Control Unit (installed)
(1) Spektrum™ Controller/Transmitter
(1) E-flite® 150mAh 1S 3.7V LiPo Battery
(1) E-flite® 1S USB LiPo Battery Charger
(4) AA Alkaline Batteries for the controller/transmitter
(1) Product Manual
Needed to Complete
Nothing! Everything you need to fly and begin having fun is included!
Charger: USB 1S LiPo charger included
Completion Level: Ready-To-Fly
Power Type: Electric
Landing Gear: Fixed main with steerable tail wheel
Product Length: 16.3 in (414.5mm)
Recommended Fuel: Electric
Speed Control: Included
Technology: SAFE Technology