E-flite EC-1500 Twin 1.5m BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select
The E-flite EC-1500 Twin is a groundbreaking aircraft that offers a unique flight experience for a wide range of pilots! This multi-motor model carries echoes of full-scale civil and military cargo transport aircraft but has an incredible range of capabilities and options no other airplane can match. Featuring 3S and 4S compatible power systems with custom 5-blade counter-rotating props, the EC-1500’s flight envelope encompasses everything from slow and scale-like to sport flying and even aggressive 3D aerobatic capabilities! You can fly from paved, grass and dirt surfaces; from snow with the included optional-use skis; or from water using the optional float set (sold separately). It also includes factory-installed LED lights, a functional cargo door, and a fully painted finish you can customize with the included Ohio Air National Guard, Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy, and other markings. It’s also been upgraded with Smart electronics to offer more capabilities than ever before, including differential thrust, motor reversing, and real-time telemetry data!
- Unique and ground-breaking design capable of slow and scale-like flying, sport flying AND aggressive 3D aerobatics
- Can be flown from paved, grass and dirt surfaces or from snow with the included optional-use skis
- Fly from water including large ponds and lakes using the optional float and hardware set
- High-power 3S and 4S compatible power systems with custom 5-blade counter-rotating props
- Updated design bolt-to-the-motor prop adapters for easier and more secure propeller installation
- The power to hover and for unlimited vertical performance when using 4S batteries
- Convenient top hatch with large battery compartment to fit 3S 3200mAh to 4S 6400mAh batteries
- 40-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Dual Smart Lite ESC provides real-time battery voltage, ESC temp, and other data via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Differential thrust and reversing for special ground handling and aerobatic capabilities
- Oversized control surfaces with double-beveled hinge lines for added control and aerobatic capabilities
- Selectable size ailerons plus functional flaps that can travel both ways for optional use with crow and full-span aileron/flaperon/spoileron setups
- Operational, servo-controlled cargo door with 2.5 x 4.2 inch (65 x 107 mm) opening and almost 140 cubic inches of cargo bay volume (cargo bay is 2.5 x 4.2 x 12.7 inches / 65 x 107 x 323 mm)
- Eight factory-installed servos, including metal-geared servos on all surfaces and the functional cargo door
- Precise ball-link equipped linkages plus pocket or CA hinges on all control surfaces
- Spektrum™ AR8360T receiver with full-range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easier to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Functional and factory-installed LED landing, navigation, and simulated strobe lights
- Magnetically secured nose cone can be removed for easy installation of GoPro® Hero and similar HD action cameras (cameras sold separately)
- Separate FPV camera mounting position on top of the extremely large, magnetically secured top hatch (FPV camera/gear sold separately)
- Surface details, including panel lines, hatches, and more, plus a fully-painted and scale-inspired finish
- Included decal sheets with Ohio Air National Guard, Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy, and other markings
- No tools are required for field assembly – hands-free connections and thumbscrews to secure the two-piece wing
- Almost fully factory-assembled for extremely fast and easy final assembly without glue
- Very large yet lightweight and extremely durable composite-reinforced EPO airframe
This updated and upgraded E-flite® EC-1500 Twin 1.5m features a ground-up design optimized for capability, versatility, and FUN to deliver a flying experience you simply can’t get with any other airplane! It’s effectively many airplanes in one, with a wide flight envelope that includes slow and scale-like to sport flying and even aggressive 3D aerobatic capability. The twin power systems feature brushless outrunner motors with custom five-blade counter-rotating propellers – including updated design bolt-to-the-motor prop adapters for easier and much more secure prop installation. This setup delivers excellent performance with a 3S 3200–6400mAh LiPo battery, or you can install a 4S battery for the power to hover and unlimited vertical capability — without modifications or upgrades! Plus, the motors are matched to an exclusive 40-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Dual Smart ESC that can provide a variety of real-time power system-related telemetry data with Smart and non-Smart batteries via compatible receivers (including the AR8360T installed in the BNF® Basic version) and Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters. The BNF® Basic version is equipped with an AR8360T receiver to provide full-range, real-time telemetry data, including battery voltage, ESC temp, and more — plus differential thrust and motor reversing for special ground handling and other capabilities — along with the benefits of AS3X® and optional-use SAFE® Select technologies. This 8-channel receiver, plus selectable-size ailerons and functional flaps that can travel both ways, also makes multiple wing configuration options possible – including “crow” and/or full-span aileron/flaperon/spoileron setups.
There are eight factory-installed servos, including metal-geared servos on all of the control surfaces plus the functional cargo door so you can carry and drop creative payloads from the large cargo bay. Realistic-looking LED landing, navigation, and simulated strobe lights are powered from the flight battery so you can fly from dawn until dusk — from paved, grass, or dirt surfaces; off snow using the included skis; or from large ponds and lakes using optional floats (sold separately). Remove the magnetically secured nose cone to install a GoPro® or similar camera for recording aerial HD footage or mount a separate FPV camera on the large top hatch (cameras/gear sold separately). Plus, you can use the included decals to customize the now fully-painted gray finish with Ohio Air National Guard, Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy, and other markings to personalize your model! And the result is the most capable, versatile, and fun to fly twin yet for a wide range of intermediate to experienced pilots interested in scale-like, sport, and even aggressive 3D aerobatic flying.
Bind-N-Fly® Completion Level Advantage
Already own a Spektrum™ transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos, and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed, so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly!
This EC-1500 Twin 1.5m is equipped with exclusive Spektrum™ AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you’re flying a much larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits along with automatic self-leveling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch! And if you don’t want to enable the SAFE Select features, bind the receiver normally, and only AS3X will be active.
Both the PNP and BNF Basic versions are equipped with an exclusive Spektrum™ Avian™ Dual Smart Lite ESC that can provide a variety of real-time power system-related telemetry data including battery voltage, ESC temp, and more – with Smart and non-Smart batteries – via compatible receivers (including the AR8360T installed in the BNF® Basic version) and Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters (including the DX6e and 8e, DX6 G2/3 and 8 G2, the DX9, NX6, 8, 10 and 20, iX12, iX14, iX20, and others) while you fly. Plus, reversing and differential thrust offer improved ground handling for easier taxiing, takeoffs and landings, along with the ability to perform special aerobatic maneuvers.
Uniquely Capable and Versatile
The EC-1500’s unique, ground-breaking design makes it capable of slow and scale-like flying, sport flying, and even aggressive 3D aerobatics — all in the same flight! And with numerous landing gear, cargo carrying, camera mounting, and other options, it’s incredibly versatile, too.
Wing Configuration Options
The functional flaps can travel both ways, and you can choose how large the flaps and ailerons are by installing the included joiners in one of two different ways. And because a separate servo controls each surface, multiple wing configuration and mixing options are available (depending on the number of channels of the receiver and transmitter you use), including full-span ailerons that can deliver substantially increased roll authority, flaperons, spoilerons, and even crow!
3S and 4S Compatible
The factory-installed twin brushless power system features a 40-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Dual Smart Lite ESC plus specially-tuned motors that deliver an abundance of thrust with a 3S 3200–6400mAh LiPo battery. Or you can install a 4S battery for plenty of power to hover and unlimited vertical capability without needing any modifications or upgrades!
Functional Cargo Door
The operational, servo-controlled cargo door has a 2.5 x 4.2 inch (65 x 107 mm) opening and almost 140 cubic inches of cargo bay volume (cargo bay is 2.5 x 4.2 x 12.7 inches / 65 x 107 x 323 mm). It can be used to carry and airdrop everything from parachute men to candy and other creative payloads.
There are eight factory-installed servos in total, including metal-geared servos on all of the control surfaces and the functional cargo door. There are also ball-link equipped linkages plus pocket or CA hinges on the control surfaces for precise control and long-lasting durability.
Realistic-looking LED landing, navigation, and simulated strobe lights are factory-installed and powered from the flight battery.
Versatile Gear Options
The EC-1500 can be flown from paved, grass and dirt surfaces or from snow with the included optional-use skis. You can also install the optional float and hardware set to fly from large ponds and lakes!
No glue is required for final assembly, and you can have the EC-1500 ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery! The two-piece wing with an innovative hands-free connection system can easily be removed for convenient storage and transport using the thumbscrews, so no tools are required for field assembly/disassembly.
Large, Lightweight, and Durable
Don’t be deceived by the 60″ (1.5m) wingspan — because of its wing chord and area, plus the large diameter fuselage and tail surfaces, the EC-1500 is bigger than it may seem. However, it’s still lightweight and extremely durable, thanks to the composite-reinforced EPO airframe!
Customizable Trim Scheme
The included decal sheets allow you to customize the now fully-painted gray finish with Ohio Air National Guard, Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy, and other markings to personalize your model.
HD and FPV Camera Options HD and FPV Camera Options
The magnetically secured nose cone can be removed for easy installation of GoPro® Hero and similar action cameras to record High-Definition footage while you fly (cameras sold separately). You can also install a separate First-Person View (FPV) camera in the mounting position on top of the extremely large, magnetically secured top hatch (FPV camera/gear sold separately).
Skill Level 2 – Some Experience Required
Skill Level 2 aircraft, like this one, are suitable for RC pilots who already have some experience and the skills to assemble, set up and fly similar class models. And although this BNF Basic version is equipped with optional-use SAFE Select, it’s not a suitable first-ever RC aircraft for new pilots, a “next step after a trainer” model for low-time RC pilots, or first 3D capable model for intermediate pilots. You should have the experience and skills necessary to successfully fly higher performance, 3D capable and/or twin-powered models like the E-flite Twin Timber 1.6m, Timber X 1.2m, Extra 300 3D 1.3m, Ultra Stick 1.1m, or other similar class models before attempting to fly the EC-1500 Twin 1.5m.
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level Advantage
Already own a Spektrum™ transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly!
This Bind-N-Fly Basic model is equipped with a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX® receiver featuring AS3X (Artificial Stabilization–3-aXis) technology that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence. The result is a heightened sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you’re flying a much larger, expertly tuned aircraft.
If this is your first model of its type, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the center position. It’s also helpful for keeping the wings level during takeoffs/launches and landings.
Easy Switch Assignment—No Complex Programming Required
The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn’t require any complex programming and takes just a few seconds.
If you don’t want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.
(1) E-flite® EC-1500 Twin 1.5m
(1) Spektrum™ Servo (installed)
(7) Spektrum Metal-Geared Servos (installed)
(2) Spektrum Brushless Outrunner Motors (installed)
(1) Spektrum Avian™ Dual 40A Brushless Smart Lite ESC (installed)
(1) Spektrum AR8360T 8-Channel Receiver (installed)
(1) E-flite® EC-1500 Twin 1.5m Product Manual
Needed to Complete
(1) Full-range 6–8+ Channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® Compatible Transmitter
(1) 3S 11.1V or 4S 14.8V 3200–6400mAh LiPo with EC3™ or IC3™ Connector
(1) Compatible LiPo Charger
Product Weight: 97.2oz (2755g) with Recommended Battery
Approximate Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Battery: Sold Separately
Connector Type: IC3
Motor Size: 3720-650Kv 14-Pole (x2)
Product Length: 46.85″ (1190 mm)
LiPo Compatibility: 3S, 4S
Completion Level: Bind-N-Fly Basic
Propeller Size: 10 x 9, 5-Blade
Recommended Motor Battery: 14.8V 4000mAh 4S 30C Smart LiPo Battery with IC3 Connector
Motor Type: Brushless
Speed Control: Included
Charger: Sold Separately
Minimum Required Radio: Full-range 6+ channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® compatible transmitter
Radio: Sold Separately
Technology: Smart, AS3X and SAFE
Power Type: Electric
Skill Level: Level 2
Wingspan: 60.12″ (1527 mm)