HobbyZone AeroScout S 2 1.1m BNF Basic
Out of stock
Out of stock
HobbyZone AeroScout S 2 1.1m BNF Basic
The HobbyZone AeroScout S is the perfect trainer because it makes learning to fly an RC airplane easier and more fun than ever before! It’s equipped with exclusive SAFE (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology that helps to prevent overcontrol, loss of orientation and crashes so nearly everyone can learn to fly successfully. Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced modes allow you to choose the level of stability and control you need, or are ready to try, at the flip of a switch. Plus you can instantly return to steady flight using Panic Recovery with the push of a button in any flight mode. Its unique “pusher” power configuration offers improved safety along with better propeller and motor protection, and its built with advanced EPO material that makes it extremely durable. Oversized tires and a steerable nose wheel make it easy to take off from and land on a variety of surfaces including grass at large parks, soccer and other suitable flying fields.
And the fun doesn’t stop after you learn how to fly! The powerful and efficient brushless power system delivers long flight times and provides plenty of speed and power to perform aerobatic manoeuvres including loops, rolls and even inverted (upside down) flight. Plus, the lightweight design and low wing loading deliver a very wide flight envelope and incredible handling that even experienced pilots will appreciate and enjoy. The BNF Basic version (HBZ3850) is the perfect choice for those pilots because it allows them to use their favourite Spektrum™ transmitter along with batteries and chargers they may already own to fly with.
- Ready for use with your compatible Spektrum DSMX/DSM2 equipped transmitter, battery and charger
- Equipped with exclusive SAFE technology that helps prevent crashes and makes it easy to learn how to fly
- Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced flight modes you can easily change between at the flip of a switch
- Panic Recovery mode at the push of a button to prevent loss of control and crashes
- Spektrum DXS controller/transmitter with industry-leading DSMX 2.4GHz technology for reliable control without interference
- Spektrum 2200mAh 3S 11.1V Smart LiPo battery and S120 USB-C Smart charger for easier and safer charging
- Powerful and efficient brushless power system for excellent performance and long flight times
- “Pusher” power configuration for improved safety plus better propeller and motor protection
- Oversized tyres and steerable nose wheel for easy take-offs and landings on grass and other surfaces
- Capable of aerobatic manoeuvres including loops, rolls and upside down (inverted) flight
- Lightweight yet extremely durable EPO construction perfect for first-time pilots
- Full line of replacement/spare parts available
The AeroScout’s unique design and “pusher” power configuration helps to protect the propeller and motor while also offering improved safety. Plus its construction with advanced EPO material delivers a lightweight yet durable airframe that’s tough enough to handle everyday flying punishment without getting bent out of shape. And in the unfortunate event you damage any airframe parts or components and can’t repair them, a full line of replacement parts is readily available.
The AeroScout S 1.1m arrives mostly factory-assembled with the power system, receiver and servos installed. All you need to do is finish some quick and easy final assembly, without the use of glue or special tools, and you’ll be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery!
The wide-stance tricycle landing gear with oversized tires and a steerable nose wheel offers improved ground handling for easier take offs and landings on a wide variety of surfaces from pavement to grass and even dirt.
This Bind-N-Fly (BNF) Basic version comes out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed, so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible Spektrum DSMX/DSM2 equipped transmitter, install a charged battery and fly!
Learn to Fly Successfully with SAFE Technology
If this is your first RC airplane, Horizon Hobby-exclusive SAFE (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology prevents over-control and crashing while also offering multiple flight modes to deliver more control and capabilities as your skills progress:
Pitch and bank angle limits prevent over-control that can result in a loss of orientation and crashes. When the control sticks are released the airplane returns to level flight on its own. Best of all take-offs are as simple as giving full throttle and letting the airplane fly off the ground or by giving it a quick hand launch.
More freedom in pitch and bank, but still prevents over-control and does not return to level flight on its own. This mode allows you to make tighter turns and to climb and descend faster as your skills advance. Beginner mode automatically activates and returns the airplane to level flight when the airplane descends below approximately 30 feet above ground level and the sticks are released.
No pitch or bank angle limits so you have complete control! You can even fly inverted (upside down) and perform aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls, stall turns and more. Panic Recovery Mode can be activated by switching to Beginner Mode and releasing the sticks.
If you ever lose control of the airplane in the more advanced control modes simply switch to Beginner Mode and release the control sticks. SAFE technology will automatically return the airplane to level flight.
(1) HobbyZone AeroScout S 1.1m
(1) 30A Brushless ESC (installed)
(1) Brushless Out-runner Motor (installed)
(4) Sub-Micro Servos (installed)
(1) Product Manual
Spektrum AR631 DSMX 6-ch AS3X & SAFE Receiver
Needed to Complete
(1) Full-range 5+ Channel Spektrum DSMX/DSM2 Compatible Transmitter
(1) 3S 11.1V 2200mAh LiPo Battery with EC3 or IC3 Connector
(1) Compatible LiPo Battery Charger
Approximate Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Approximate Flight Time: 12 – 15 minutes
CG (Centre of Gravity): 2-5/8 – 2-3/4″ (67 – 70mm) back from leading edge of wing measured at the fuselage
Charger: Sold Separately
Completion Level: Bind-N-Fly Basic
Power Type: Electric
Minimum Required Radio: 5-Channel Radio system minimum (sold separately)
Motor Size: 2306-2250Kv
Product Length: 34.25″ (870 mm)
Propeller Size: 5 x 4.5
Recommended Motor Battery: 3S 11.1V 2200mAh LiPo with EC3 or IC3 connector (sold separately)
Skill Level: Level 1
Speed Control: Included
Trim Scheme Colours: Orange/Gray
Wingspan: 43.1″ (1095 mm)
|Dimensions||101 × 28 × 29 cm|