E-Flite T-28 Trojan 1.2m BNF Basic
This E-flite T-28 Trojan 1.2m has been updated and upgraded to be the Smartest, most powerful, and easiest to fly scale model of the popular warbird yet! Like the original version, it includes functional flaps and retracts that make it a true “full-house” warbird model. Its factory-installed brushless power system features a specially-tuned motor, 3-blade prop, and 70-amp Spektrum Avian Smart Lite ESC that combine to deliver an abundance of thrust with a 3S LiPo battery, or more speed and nearly unlimited vertical performance with a 4S battery — without any modifications or upgrades. With a compatible receiver (such as the AR631 included with the BNF Basic version) and Smart or non-Smart batteries, the Smart Lite ESC can deliver a variety of real-time power system telemetry data including motor RPM, current, battery voltage, and more to Spektrum AirWare equipped transmitters. The AR631 receiver installed the BNF Basic version also includes exclusive AS3X and SAFE Select technologies, which help to make this a perfect “next step” or first warbird model for anyone ready to move up after successfully learning to fly their first or second RC airplane. The durable airframe has an abundance of scale detail including panel lines, an instrument panel, and a pilot figure, plus it comes factory-finished in the iconic red and white trim scheme with updated nose art and markings. It can be flown by experienced pilots in spaces as small as a large park or soccer field, and by intermediate pilots at more traditional RC and other large fields. The 1.2m size allows for easy storage and transport without disassembly, or the one-piece wing can be removed and reinstalled easily for even greater convenience. Best of all, no glue is required for final assembly so you can have the T-28 Trojan 1.2m ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery!
- Updated and upgraded to be easier to fly and to offer improved scale-like, sport flying, higher speed and higher energy aerobatic capabilities
- Easy to take off, fly and land, making it a perfect “next step” after a trainer and first “full-house” warbird model
- Specially tuned motor compatible with 3S and 4S batteries without the need for modifications or upgrades
- Popular 3S and 4S 2200–3200mAh batteries deliver excellent performance and flight times
- 70-amp Spektrum Avian Smart Lite ESC provides real-time battery voltage, current, RPM and other data via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Compatible with the Spektrum DXS transmitter included with many of the most popular E-flite and HobbyZone trainer airplane models
- Spektrum AR631 receiver with fly-by range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX technology
- Easy to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X technology
- Functional flaps for shorter take-offs/landings and improved slow-speed performance
- Wide-stance tricycle gear and steerable nosewheel offer easier ground handling
- Operational electric retracts including scale-like strut covers and doors
- 6-channel control with seven factory-installed servos and linkages
- Lightweight yet durable composite-reinforced EPO construction
- Factory-finished with updated nose art and other markings
- Fast and easy assembly – no glue required
The BNF Basic version is equipped with exclusive Spektrum AS3X and SAFE Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you’re flying a much larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits along with automatic self-levelling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch! And if you don’t want to enable the SAFE Select features, simply bind the receiver normally and only AS3X will be active.
The T-28 Trojan 1.2m is equipped with an exclusive Spektrum Avian Smart Lite ESC that can provide a variety of real-time power system related telemetry data including motor RPM, current, battery voltage and more – with Smart and non-Smart batteries – via compatible receivers (including the AR631) and Spektrum AirWare equipped transmitters (including the DX6e and 8e, DX6 G2/3 and 8 G2, the DX9, NX6, 8 and 10, iX12, iX20 and others) while you fly.
The factory-installed brushless power system features a 70-amp Spektrum Avian Smart Lite ESC plus a specially-tuned motor and 3-blade prop that deliver an abundance of thrust with a 3S LiPo battery, or more speed and nearly unlimited vertical performance with a 4S battery without the need for any modifications or upgrades.
Abundant Scale Detail
The lightweight yet durable, composite-reinforced and fully-moulded EPO airframe is equipped with an abundance of scale detail including panel lines, an instrument panel, pilot figure and more.
Functional Scale Features
Factory-installed retracts with strut covers and doors, plus operational flaps, are functional scale features that take your experience to another level.
No glue is required for final assembly, and you can have the T-28 Trojan 1.2m ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery! And although it’s conveniently sized to fit fully assembled in just about any vehicle, you can also remove the wing for even easier storage and transport.
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level Advantage
Already own a Spektrum transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly!
This Bind-N-Fly Basic model is equipped with a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX receiver featuring AS3X (Artificial Stabilization–3-aXis) technology that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence. The result is a heightened sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you’re flying a much larger, expertly tuned aircraft.
If this is your first model of its type, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE Select flight envelope protection technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the centre position. It’s also helpful for keeping the wings level during take-offs/launches and landings.
Easy Switch Assignment—No Complex Programming Required
The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn’t require any complex programming and takes just a few seconds.
If you don’t want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.
(1) E-flite T-28 Trojan 1.2m
(1) Spektrum Avian 70A Brushless Smart Lite ESC (installed)
(1) Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
(7) Servos (installed)
(1) Spektrum AR631 6-Channel Receiver (installed)
(1) Product Manual
Needed to Complete
(1) Full-range 6–7+ Channel Spektrum DSMX/DSM2 Compatible Transmitter
(1) 3S 11.1V or 4S 14.8V 2200–3200mAh LiPo with EC3 or IC3 Connector
(1) Compatible LiPo Charger
Approximate Assembly Time: Less Than One Hour
Power Type: Electric
Skill Level: Level 2
Wingspan: 48.2″ (1224 mm)
Product Weight: 3.2 lb (1.47 kg) Without Battery, 3.7 lb (1.70 kg) With 4S 2200mAh 30C battery
Battery: Sold Separately
Product Length: 38.8″ (986 mm)
Radio: Sold Separately
Minimum Required Radio: Full-Range 6–7+ Channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® Compatible Transmitter
Motor Type: Brushless – Outrunner
Speed Control: Included
Completion Level: Bind-N-Fly Basic
Recommended Motor Battery: 3S 11.1V or 4S 14.8V 2200-3200mAh LiPo With EC3™ or IC3® Connector
Charger: Sold Separately