E-Flite P-51D Mustang 1.5m BNF Basic with Smart
The E-Flite P-51D Mustang 1.5m is the largest, most detailed and best performing replica of the legendary fighter they have done yet! Along with an accurate outline, it also features an abundance of extra scale details including moulded in panel lines and hatches, guns and removable drop tanks, plus a striking factory-applied “Lou IV” finish. Functional Extra Scale features include LED navigation lights, sequenced main and tail-wheel gear doors, flaps and more. The shock-absorbing struts feature ball-bearing equipped wheels with diamond tread tires for added scale appearance and make it possible to fly from a variety of surfaces including grass, and reliable electric retracts operate the main gear and tail-wheel. And at the heart of it all is a factory-installed brushless motor that’s compatible with 6S LiPo power—simply drop in a 6S 3200-7000mAh battery to achieve level flight speeds in excess of 80+ MPH and unlimited vertical performance! Both versions include a 100-amp Spektrum Avian Smart ESC, and the BNF Basic version is also equipped with an AR637TA receiver that offers full-range telemetry including real-time battery voltage, current, temperature and more to compatible transmitters, plus the advantages of exclusive AS3X and SAFE Select technologies to make this one of the easiest to fly Mustangs ever. The unique 3-piece wing design makes transport and storage as convenient as possible because the centre section includes the main gear and the outer panels simply snap into place securely without requiring fasteners. It’s also quick and easy to assemble because the factory-finished EPO air frame bolts together—no glue required—in less time than it takes to charge a battery. And it all adds up to deliver a warbird flying experience unlike any other with the mightiest Mustang yet!
- The most detailed, best handling and highest performance large-scale P-51D Mustang model yet
- Scale replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the U.S. and other allied forces during World War II
- Extra Scale details including removable drop tanks, moulded-in panel lines, guns and much more
- Functional Extra Scale features including LED navigation lights, sequenced main gear and tail-wheel doors, flaps and more
- Factory-installed, high-power 6S-compatible brushless motor with large diameter 4-blade prop
- Fits 6S batteries from 3200-7000+mAh to deliver level flight top speeds up to 80+ MPH and unlimited vertical performance
- 100-amp Spektrum Avian Smart ESC provides real-time battery voltage, capacity used and other data via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Spektrum AR637TA receiver with full-range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX technology
- Easy to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X technology
- Nine factory-installed servos with precise ball-link equipped linkages
- Ball-bearing equipped wheels with diamond tread pattern tires for added scale appearance
- Retractable tail-wheel plus main gear with scale shock-absorbing struts for operation from a variety of surfaces including grass
- Unique 3-piece wing includes centre section with main gear plus outer panels that snap into place securely without fasteners
- No glue required for assembly and can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
- Large top hatch with moulded in stop for added security of the quick-release battery tray
- Factory-applied “Lou IV” painted trim scheme offers excellent visibility
- Durable EPO air frame with carbon fibre and wood reinforcement
This is the first large-scale P-51D Mustang model equipped with both exclusive Spektrum AS3X and SAFE Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you’re flying a much larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits along with automatic self-levelling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch making this one of the easiest to fly P-51s yet! And if you don’t want to enable the SAFE Select features, simply bind the receiver normally and only AS3X will be active.
Extra Scale Details
The P-51D Mustang 1.5m features an accurate outline and an abundance of Extra Scale details including moulded-in panel lines and hatches, guns and removable drop tanks—plus many more details than you typically find on similar class and smaller models.
Functional Extra Scale Features
Factory-installed LED navigation lights, operational flaps and control surfaces with pocket hinges—even sequenced main gear and tail-wheel doors—are functional Extra Scale features that take your experience to another level.
The factory-installed power system features a 100-amp ESC plus a high-power brushless outrunner motor that works with the large-diameter four-blade propeller and a 6S 3200–7000mAh LiPo battery to deliver better-than-scale speed and unlimited vertical performance.
The P-51D Mustang 1.5m is equipped with an exclusive Spektrum Avian Smart ESC that can provide a variety of real-time power system related telemetry data including motor RPM, current, battery voltage and more via compatible receivers (including the AR637TA) and Spektrum AirWare equipped transmitters (including the DX6e and 8e, DX6 and 8 G2, the DX9, iX12 and others) while you fly.
The wide-spaced main gear feature reliable, factory-installed electric retracts equipped with durable metal components and shock-absorbing struts that make it possible to fly from a wider variety of surfaces including paved runways and grass. The main gear and the retractable tail-wheel also feature sequenced gear doors for added scale function and appearance.
Construction with fully-moulded EPO material makes it possible to replicate complex detail and shapes in a lightweight yet durable form. The result is an outstanding scale appearance that’s easy to maintain and delivers the best possible flight experience, plus the factory-installed servos with ball-link equipped linkages deliver crisp and precise control at every speed.
No glue is required for assembly and you can have the P-51D Mustang 1.5m ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery! The 3-piece wing design makes transport and storage as practical and convenient as possible because the centre section includes the main gear and the outer panels snap into place securely without fasteners.
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level Advantage
Already own a Spektrum transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly!
This Bind-N-Fly Basic model is equipped with a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX receiver featuring AS3X (Artificial Stabilisation–3–aXis) technology that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence. The result is a heightened sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you’re flying a much larger, expertly tuned aircraft.
If this is your first model of its type, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarising yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE Select flight envelope protection technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the centre position. It’s also helpful for keeping the wings level during takeoffs/launches and landings.
Easy Switch Assignment- No Programming Required
The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn’t require any programming and takes just a few seconds.
If you don’t want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.
Needed to Complete
- Full-range 6-7+ channel Spektrum DSMX/DSM2 compatible transmitter
- 6S 22.2V 3200–7000+mAh LiPo with EC5 or IC5 connector
- Compatible LiPo charger
(1) E-flite P-51D Mustang 1.5m with:
(1) 100A Spektrum Avian Smart Brushless ESC (installed)
(1) Brushless Motor (installed)
(9) Servos (installed)
(1) Spektrum AR637TA 6-Channel Receiver (installed)
(1) Product Manual
Approximate Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
CG (Centre of Gravity): 4.9 – 5.4″ (124 – 137mm) back from leading edge of wing measured at wing root
Charger: Compatible with selected battery
Completion Level: Bind-N-Fly Basic
Control Throw – High (Ailerons): 0.59″ (15mm)
Control Throw – High (Elevator): Up 0.51″ (13mm), Down 0.39″ (10mm)
Control Throw – High (Rudder): 0.87″ (22mm)
Control Throw – Low (Ailerons): 0.47″ (12mm)
Control Throw – Low (Elevator): Up 0.51″ (13mm), Down 0.39″ (10mm)
Control Throw – Low (Rudder): 0.59″ (15mm)
Expo (Ailerons): Low 70%, High 100%
Expo (Elevator): Low 70%, High 100%
Expo (Rudder): Low 70%, High 100%
Flaps: Take-off 1.1″ (27mm), Landing 2.4″ (60mm),Yes
Flying Weight: 7.5lbs – 8lbs (3.4kg – 3.6kg)
Landing Gear: Yes
Length: 52″ (1320mm)
Material: EPO with carbon fiber and wood reinforcement
Minimum Required Radio: 6-channel
Minimum Speed Control: Smart 100A with IC5 battery connector
Motor Size: 4650 – 460kV
Propeller Size: 15.5×11 4-blade
Recommended Motor Battery: 22.2V 5000mAh 6S 30C Smart LiPo battery with IC5 connector
Retracts: Yes, electric powered with ball bearing equipped wheels and diamond tread pattern tires
Servos: 17g, 9g, 9g metal gear reverse, 13g metal gear
Technology: AS3X,SAFE Select,Smart Technology
Transmitter Range: Full
Trim Scheme Colors: Painted Lou IV
Wingspan: 59″ (1500mm)