E-flite Focke-Wulf Fw 190A 1.5m Smart BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select
This first-ever E-flite Focke-Wulf Fw 190A model is based on a full-scale replica once owned by the late Rudy Frasca. Painted with the wartime markings of Austrian Luftwaffe pilot Oskar Bosch, the replica has been flown in west coast airshows and at the National Air Races in Reno. The E-flite Fw 190A 1.5m stands apart from all other RC model versions by delivering superior Extra Scale details, functional features and performance in a larger size, while being easy to assemble, transport and store. It’s also equipped with a Spektrum Avian Smart ESC to deliver a warbird experience unlike any other!
- The most detailed, best handling and highest performance large-scale Fw 190A model yet
- Scale replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the German Luftwaffe during World War II
- Extra Scale details including a removable drop tank, moulded-in panel lines, guns and much more
- Functional Extra Scale features including LED navigation lights, retractable main gear, split flaps and more
- Factory-installed, high-power 6S-compatible brushless motor with large diameter 3-blade prop and simulated engine fan
- Fits 6S batteries from 3200-7000mAh to deliver level flight top speeds up to 80+ MPH and nearly unlimited vertical performance
- 100-amp Spektrum Avian Smart ESC provides real-time battery voltage, current, motor RPM and other data via compatible receivers and transmitter
- Spektrum AR637TA receiver with full-range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX technology
- Easy to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X technology
- Six factory-installed servos with precise ball-link equipped linkages
- Ball-bearing equipped wheels with treaded tires for added scale appearance
- Retractable main gear with scale-like length, shock-absorbing struts for operation from a variety of surfaces including grass
- Unique 3-piece wing includes centre section with main gear plus outer panels that snap into place without fasteners
- No glue required for assembly and can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
- Factory-applied trim scheme modelled after the replica Fw 190 previously owned by Rudy Frasca
- Large top hatch for fast and easy access to the battery compartment
- Durable EPO airframe with carbon fibre and wood reinforcement
This is the first large-scale Fw 190A model equipped with both exclusive Spektrum AS3X and SAFE Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you’re flying a much larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits along with automatic self-levelling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch making this one of the easiest to fly Fw 190s yet! And if you don’t want to enable the SAFE Select features, simply bind the receiver normally and only AS3X will be active.
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level Advantage
Already own a Spektrum transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly!
This Bind-N-Fly Basic model is equipped with a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX receiver featuring AS3X (Artificial Stabilization–3-aXis) technology that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence. The result is a heightened sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you’re flying a much larger, expertly tuned aircraft.
If this is your first model of its type, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE Select flight envelope protection technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the center position. It’s also helpful for keeping the wings level during take-offs/launches and landings.
Easy Switch Assignment—No Complex Programming Required
The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn’t require any complex programming and takes just a few seconds.
If you don’t want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.
(1) E-flite Focke-Wulf Fw 190A 1.5m
(1) 100A Spektrum Avian Brushless Smart ESC (installed)
(1) Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
(6) Servos (installed)
(1) Spektrum AR637TA 6-Channel Receiver (installed)
(1) Product Manual
Needed to Complete
- Full-range 6–7+ channel Spektrum™ DSMX/DSM2 compatible transmitter
- 6S 22.2V 3200–7000mAh LiPo with EC5 or IC5 Connector
- Compatible LiPo charger
Approximate Assembly Time: Less than 1 hour
Battery: Sold Separately
CG (Centere of Gravity): 3.7 – 4.3″ (95mm – 110mm) from inner gun mount on LE
Charger: Sold Separately
Completion Level: Bind-N-Fly Basic
Flying Weight: 2001-25000g
Power Type: Electric
Landing Gear: Electric retracts
Minimum Required Radio: 6-channel
Motor Size: 4258-460Kv 14-Pole
Motor Type: Brushless
Product Length: 50.6″ (1285 mm)
Product Weight: 6.5lbs. w/o batt (2943g), 7.9lbs (3625 g) w/6S 5000mAh 30C
Propeller Size: 15″ (381 mm)
Radio: Sold Separately
Recommended Motor Battery: 6S 5000mAh 30C
Speed Control: Included
Wingspan: 59.5″ (1511 mm)