E-Flite F-16 Thunderbirds 70mm EDF BNF Basic
E-Flite F-16 Thunderbirds 70mm EDF BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select
The E-flite F-16 Thunderbirds 70mm EDF jet is a replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds. Like the full-scale airshow thriller, this F-16 has an incredibly wide flight performance envelope—from slow and stable high-alpha flight to amazing high-speed and vertical capabilities. At its core is a 6S-compatible brushless motor and a 70-amp ESC that are matched to a 12-blade fan to deliver an abundance of speed, thrust and a turbine-like sound. Factory-installed electric retracts with shock-absorbing struts make it possible to take off and land on a wider variety of surfaces–including grass—while keeping ground handling smooth and delivering a realistic jet experience. The composite reinforced EPO airframe is lightweight yet strong, and the digital, metal-geared servos plus ball-link equipped linkages provide precise control. And it all combines to deliver one of the easiest to fly yet highest-performance and most capable F-16 models ever!
- The easiest to fly high-performance F-16 EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet model yet!
- Scale replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds demonstration team
- 12-blade 70mm fan delivers excellent top speed and vertical performance plus turbine-like sound
- Factory-installed high-power 6S compatible brushless inrunner motor and 70-amp ESC
- Fast and precise factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages
- Steerable nose wheel and electric retracts with shock-absorbing struts for operation from a variety of surfaces including grass
- Spektrum 6-channel receiver with industry-leading DSMX technology
- Easy to fly with optional-use SAFE Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and precision of AS3X technology
- Includes a decal sheet to choose and apply the Thunderbird number designation of your choice
- Easy final assembly with removable wings and a magnetically-secured nose cone
- Convenient top hatch with clear canopy, cockpit detail and a pilot figure
- Durable yet lightweight, composite reinforced EPO airframe
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level Advantage
This Bind-N-Fly Basic model is equipped with an AS3X (Artificial Stabilisation–3-aXis) receiver that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence. The result is a sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you’re flying a larger and expertly tuned aircraft.
If this is your first high-performance scale jet, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarising yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE Select technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the centre position. It’s also helpful for keeping the wings level during takeoffs and landings.
Easy Switch Assignment- No Programming Required
The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn’t require any programming and takes just a few seconds.
If you don’t want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.
Needed to Complete
- Full-range 6+ Channel transmitter with DSMX/DSM2 technology
- 3200–4000mAh 6S 22.2V LiPo flight battery with EC5 connector
- Suitable LiPo battery charger
(1) F-16 Thunderbird 70mm EDF Airplane
(1) 6 Channel Spektrum Receiver with SAFE and AS3X Technology (installed)
(1) Product Manual
Approximate Assembly Time: 1-3 Hours
CG (Centre of Gravity): 110mm to 95mm from leading edge
Completion Level: Bind-N-Fly Basic
Control Throw – High (Ailerons): +-26mm
Control Throw – High (Elevator): +-18mm
Control Throw – High (Rudder): +-20mm
Control Throw – Low (Ailerons): +-18mm
Control Throw – Low (Elevator): +-14mm
Control Throw – Low (Rudder): +-16mm
Expo (Ailerons): 10%
Expo (Elevator): 10%
Expo (Rudder): 10%
Fan Size: 70mm EDF
Flying Weight: 73.7 oz (2100 g)
Landing Gear: Yes
Length: 49.6 in (1260 mm)
Minimum Required Radio: 5+ channel DSMX/DSM2
Minimum Speed Control: 70amp
Motor Size: 2860-1850Kv
Recommended Motor Battery: 6S 22.2V 2900-4000mAh LiPo flight battery with EC5 connector
Servos: 6 (installed)
Trimscheme Colours: Red, White, and Blue
Wingspan: 32.1 in (815 mm)
|Dimensions||114 × 34 × 24 cm|