E-Flite Air Tractor 1.5m BNF Basic
E-Flite Air Tractor 1.5m BNF Basic with AS3X & SAFE Select
The E-flite Air Tractor 1.5m is a scale replica of the of the ag and utility airplanes that can be found hard at work over fields and forests in more than 30 countries around the world. The specially-tuned motor and 3-blade prop are matched to a 50-amp ESC to provide fantastic scale and sport aerobatic flight performance with 3S 2200-3200mAh LiPo batteries, or you can install a 4S battery for more power and unlimited vertical without the need for any modifications or upgrades. Functional slotted flaps improve slow speed handling while also offering Short Take Off and Landing (STOL) capabilities. Robust landing gear and wheels with oversized tires allow the Air Tractor to fly from paved, grass, dirt, gravel or other surfaces at any suitably-sized park or RC flying field. Add large ponds or small lakes to your possible flying sites by installing optional floats (EFL5261, sold separately) — or attach the optional scale-like skis (EFLA970, also sold separately) to take off from and land on snow. The factory-applied paint and decal finish provides excellent visibility along with striking scale looks that are accented by LED navigation, strobe and landing lights. The E-flite Air Tractor 1.5m delivers a unique flying experience that a wide range of pilots will enjoy, even if it’s your first scale or low-wing model. The E-flite Air Tractor 1.5m model offers a superb scale appearance you’ll be proud to show off everywhere you go.
- Scale replica of the agricultural “crop dusting” utility aircraft including molded-in panel lines, rivets and more
- Easy to take off, fly and land, making it a perfect choice for a first scale or low-wing model
- Short Take Off and Landing (STOL) plus scale, sport and aerobatic flight capabilities
- High-power 3S and 4S compatible 50A ESC and outrunner motor with 3-blade prop
- Functional slotted flaps for shorter takeoffs/landings and improved slow-speed handling
- Durable, factory-installed metal-geared servos with adjustable linkages on the primary control surfaces
- Spektrum AR637TA receiver with full-range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX technology
- Easy to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X technology
- Robust landing gear with oversized tires for operation from a variety of surfaces
- Optional EDO-style floats with steerable rudders (sold separately)
- Optional scale-like skis for flying from snow (sold separately)
- Functional and factory-installed LED landing, navigation and strobe lights
- Factory-painted and finished in a scale, high-visibility trim scheme
- Lightweight yet durable composite-reinforced EPO construction
- Fast and easy bolt-together assembly – no glue required
- Easy to install/remove two-piece wing and stab
Versatile Gear Options
Thick grass, gravel paths, dirt trails; you can fly from these and many other surfaces that are impossible for most models of this size to handle. The robust landing gear is equipped with wheels and oversized tires that soak up the bumps of rough surfaces and provide excellent prop clearance. The optional float set (EFL5261, sold separately) features dual water rudders for superb steering control when flying from lakes and ponds. And the optional, scale-like ski set (EFLA970, sold separately) makes it possible to fly from snow or wet grass.
The factory-installed brushless power system features a 50-amp ESC plus a specially-tuned motor and 3-blade prop that deliver an abundance of thrust with a 3S 2200-3200mAh LiPo battery, or more power and unlimited vertical performance with a 4S battery without the need for any modifications or upgrades.
Composite-reinforced, hollow-core construction with EPO material delivers a lightweight yet durable airframe. Plus the Air Tractor is equipped with durable and reliable metal-geared servos on all the primary control surfaces.
The Air Tractor comes with realistic-looking LED landing, navigation and strobe lights that are factory-installed and powered from the flight battery.
No glue is required for assembly, and because the few parts that need to be assembled easily bolt or snap into place, the Air Tractor can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge the flight battery. The two-piece wing and stab also makes transport and storage as convenient as possible.
Scale Trim Scheme
The factory-applied paint and decal finish offers excellent visibility plus a scale look you’ll be proud to show off everywhere you go.
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level Advantage
Already own a Spektrum transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly!
This Bind-N-Fly Basic model is equipped with a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX receiver featuring AS3X (Artificial Stabilization–3-aXis) technology that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence. The result is a heightened sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you’re flying a much larger, expertly tuned aircraft.
If this is your first model of its type, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarising yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE Select flight envelope protection technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the center position. It’s also helpful for keeping the wings level during takeoffs/launches and landings.
Easy Switch Assignment—No Programming Required
The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn’t require any programming and takes just a few seconds.
If you don’t want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.
Needed to Complete
- Full-range 5–6+ channel Spektrum DSMX/DSM2 compatible transmitter
- 3S 11.1V or 4S 14.8V 2200–3200mAh LiPo with EC3 or IC3 Connector
- Compatible LiPo charger
(1) E-flite Air Tractor 1.5m with:
(1) 50A Brushless ESC (installed)
(1) Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
(4) Micro Metal-Geared Servos (installed)
(2) Micro Servos (installed)
(1) Spektrum AR637TA 6-Channel Receiver (installed)
(1) Product Manual
Airfoil Shape: Flat bottom
CG (Centre of Gravity): 2.5″ (65mm) +/- 5mm back from leading edge of wing
Charger: Sold separately
Completion Level: Bind-N-Fly Basic
Control Throw (Flaps): .4″ (10mm) / .8″ (20mm)
Control Throw – High (Ailerons): .86″ (22mm)
Control Throw – High (Elevator): .4″ (10mm)
Control Throw – High (Rudder): .43″ (11mm)
Control Throw – Low (Ailerons): .63″ (16mm)
Control Throw – Low (Elevator): .27″ (7mm)
Control Throw – Low (Rudder): .32″ (8mm)
Expo (Ailerons): Low Rate 5%, High Rate 15%
Expo (Elevator): Low Rate 5%, High Rate 10%
Expo (Rudder): Low Rate 5%, High Rate 10%
Flaps: Slotted for improved low-speed handling
Flying Weight: 59 – 62oz (1681 – 1766g)
Length: 38.5″ (977.9mm)
Minimum Required Radio: 6-ch (sold separately)
Minimum Speed Control: 50A
Motor Size: 10 size brushless outrunner
Propeller Size: 11×7.5 3-blade
Receiver: Spektrum AR637TA 2.4GHz 6-ch DSMX w/AS3X (Artificial Stabilization-3-aXis)
Recommended Motor Battery: 2200 – 3200mAh 3S – 4S (sold separately)
Servos: Four micro metal gear, two micro
Technology: AS3X,SAFE Select
Transmitter Range: Full
Trim Scheme Colors: Yellow and blue
Wing Area: 472 sq in (30.5 sq dm)
Wing Loading: 18.2sq in (1.17 sq dm)
Wingspan: 59 in (1499 mm)
|Dimensions||102 × 39 × 29 cm|